Saturday 10 March 2012

A week in the workshop (Friday)



Julio came today to pick up his new guitar. I had been delayed with this as the polish wasn't quite to my satisfaction and Julio had been very patient. Most guitar makers fret and worry about their finish; it is one of those things that can haunt you. In the case of this guitar, I kept getting a couple of thin patches on one rib, possibly exacerbated by a particularly oily patch in the rosewood. Anyway, eventually it was complete and polished.

Julio successfully dodged the traffic on the M25 and seemed very pleased with the guitar. I had provided 3 saddles with this instrument, offering different action options and Julio seemed very much at home from the start. I wish them both many happy years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment