Wednesday 10 March 2010

The clamps have been out in force this week, with much progress made on the exhibition guitar. The exhibition in question is the CordeFactum Guitar Festival in Puurs, Belgium in May. I shall post some more details in the very near future. I am very much looking forward to this event as there will be lots of guitar makers there, and there will be much to learn and to be inspired by. I am looking forward to seeing Marc Peirelinke after 20 odd years; Marc and I were students at the London College of Furniture and both of us continue to make guitars professionally.
The workshop is hectic this week. I seem to have used all the tools I possess and progress has been rapid. Today a top largely strutted and a heel carved. Tomorrow the bracing on the top will be completed. For me this is the part of guitar making I love the most, as the delicacy of the struts and the potential of the whole soundboard wholly absorb me.

No comments:

Post a Comment