Wednesday 31 March 2010


Time is a valuable commodity at the moment with much going on. The exhibition guitar is now complete and ready for its first coat of polish. The picture above shows the fingerboard being prepared for gluing. Now I take a deep breath and start to polish...
Guitars coming and going at the moment. Louise from Norway dropped by with her 1981 Sakurai for some repair work. On Sunday Iain took delivery of his new cedar/Indian rosewood guitar. I first met Iain 19 years ago when I was working out of my first workshop in Ditchling Road. I did some polishing and fret work on his Spanish made guitar and then out of the blue in 2009 Iain phoned again requesting a few more adjustments and the desire for a new guitar. An inherently musical player, he gets a fabulous sound from the instrument which delights me. He was delighted in turn by the responsiveness and power of this particular instrument.
(Malcolm Maxwell, Florian Vorreiter, Jim Westbrook and David Whiteman)
Another visitor to the workshop this week was Canadian based luthier Florian Vorreiter. Florian had come over to draw FE 18. He didn't have one of his own guitars with him but he showed me some fine looking photographs of his work. It is always interesting to talk to fellow guitar makers and exchange ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment